Innovations in Reconcili-Action (E/SI)
April 26, 2021 | 1:45 - 2:45Track: Thought Forum
Join colleagues from across the country to share innovative approaches and practices making reconciliation a reality on your campuses through concrete actions.
This discussion will be guided by the seven principles of CICan’s Indigenous Education Protocol:
* Making Indigenous education an institutional priority
* Ensuring governance structures recognize and respect Indigenous peoples
* Implementing intellectual and cultural traditions of Indigenous peoples in curriculum and learning approaches
* Strengthening understanding and reciprocity on campuses
* Increasing the number of Indigenous employees and administrators
* Offering Indigenous-centred holistic support services and learning environments
* Building relationships with Indigenous communities in support of self-determination through education, training, and applied research.