Conferences and events have certainly not been spared from the impacts of COVID-19 that can truly be felt everywhere. As such, we have decided to make CICan’s 2021 conference fully virtual which provides an opportunity to welcome a broader community of attendees, including those who might not normally be able to attend an in-person conference.
The theme Changing Narratives reflects how the global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has forced post-secondary institutions to dramatically change the way they operated – from the classroom to the boardroom. Not only has “how” we teach and learn changed, so too has “what” we teach. As the labour market re-invents itself, graduates must have the relevant skills and competencies to contribute to Canada’s prosperity and sustainability.
The conference is organized into six streams. As colleges and institutes are helping rewrite the future of post-secondary education, sessions will address opportunities and lessons learned for the future as we navigate through the new COVID-19 reality. Indigenous education, diversity and inclusion are also included as cross-cutting topics across the different streams.
- Governing Excellence
- Wiring for Student Success
- Hacking Education
- Driving Innovation
- Embodying Sustainability,
- Going Global
What to Expect
- 1500+ delegates.
- 50+ live and recorded sessions and presentations
- 100+ speakers from Canada and Globally
- Comprehensive, easy-to-use virtual platform
- Innovative and engaging keynote speakers
- Thought Forums on critical issues facing post-secondary education
- Virtual exhibits hall ‘Marketplace’ featuring products and services
- Opportunity to engage one on one or in small group conversations
- Access to Conference recordings post Conference